Wikipédia:Bistro des non-francophones
Al. Blachère[modifier | modifier le code]
Good morning, I would like to ask for some help.
There is an article nominated for deletion on the Hungarian Wikipedia about Al. Blachère, a croquet player of the 1900 Paris Olympic Games. Not much is known about the person digitally, not even his full name, so his notabiliy is strongly questioned. Besides Hungarian, there is only one article existing about him, in Polish. Although there are currently eight on-line sources, but all of them are about the 1900 croquet game, they only mention the player the his results and only available on sports-reference.com. So we are looking for futher information.
First and foremost, my question would be towards those, who are familiar in doing research in libraries or archives in France, if someone could provide us information concerning the whereabouts of French printed sources - or digital sources that Google does not index -, that may contain a brief biography about this person, if available. We are searching for the following data: full name, birth place and date, education info, civil occupation, a brief summary about his sports career, results in other games, time and place of death, maybe name of parents, wife, etc. and a possible photo find would go beyond our expectations.
The best would be if someone could tell exact book-titles and their location, so not just "check Gallica", but for example "check the 1925 French Sports Almanach, published by XY Company, Paris, 1926, 723 pages, which provides short biographies about former croquet players including birth data and photo, a digitalized copy in .pdf is available at www.abcdef.fr/asdfghjkl Menu -> Books -> Search, enter title in the second line, and click on the title among the search results". Or if there are any personal record sheets of the participants of the 1900 Olympic Games available at French National Archives or something?
- Hi Gyrurika :,
- I translated and shared your message on the French « bistro ». You may follow this direct link to read the possible answers (don't hesist to ask for a translation if in French), in case of no one answers here.
- Thanks, --Floflo (discuter) 29 août 2014 à 11:46 (CEST)
comment faire[modifier | modifier le code]
- Bonjour Djimiallanga01 :, tu peux regarder là Aide:Débuter et là Wikipédia:Forum des nouveaux. Bonne continuation Kumʞum quoi ? 25 octobre 2014 à 20:23 (CEST)
Last call for translation: VisualEditor News #1—2015[modifier | modifier le code]
Hi! Apologies if you're reading this message more than once and if it doesn't come in your language. This is an invitation to join translators working on the February's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter. This time it features an important announcement about a series of meetings where VE tasks on Phabricator will be triaged live and publicly, starting next week. Since we want many people to be aware of this as soon as possible (volunteer developers are especially welcome!), we have a time constraint which means we'll deliver to the wikis on Thursday morning (PST) this week. Thanks a lot in advance, we know you'll do whatever it takes to keep your community up-to-date, and appreciate it a lot. --Elitre (WMF) (discuter) 4 février 2015 à 17:40 (CET)
PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.
Request for Gadget review[modifier | modifier le code]
Wikimedia commons uses a gadget called AjaxQuickDelete:
- Gadget descrption at wikimedia commons is as follows:
- "Adds the Nominate for deletion and Discuss category link to the toolbox in the sidebar, Move & Replace (filemovers only), Process Duplicates (admins only) links to the appropriate places. This gadget is also used by other gadgets."
- More info :
- I wish and request French and German wikipedians adopt this gadget, if not atleast a peer review that the gadget is prima facia technically stable and safe to use.
- Why so ?: Frankly I want to adopt this gadget at mr wikipedia, but before adopting a gadget locally we feel reassured if a gadget is used either at fr or de wikipedia (along with either ta/te/kn/ml wikipedia); since these wiki's wikipedians do have enough technical expertise to take care of safty concerns :).
- Thanks and warm regards
J. Cassel[modifier | modifier le code]
Again, I would need your help, I'm looking for any detailed biographical data about a Belgian hockey player J. (van) Cassel, whose article is now up for deletion on huwiki. He was member of Brussels IHSC in 1911/2 and won a gold medal at the Championnat de Belgique de hockey sur glace with his team. There's little information about him on the world wide web, here and here, our goal is to get hold of more data, perhaps from printed sources which may provide any futher details about him (possible French/Belgian/Dutch sports almanachs or similar sources from the 1910s) and the whereabouts of these sources if they're available scanned somewhere online. Thank you in advance. Gyurika (discuter) 6 mai 2015 à 16:25 (CEST)
- Gyurkia : hello, I searched there, (this is the main source of French press archive, sport press titles inclued), but I am sorry I found absolutely nothing... I did not even find the original version of the copy of the main source of the article on hu.wp (and if it is from the Belgian press I don't know where I can found it online). The other hockey players of the team he played with are sometimes mentionned as belgian aristocrats in French press (hunting parties and richmen stuff...) I hope you will find something. Kumʞum Tu veux un cachou ? 6 mai 2015 à 22:01 (CEST)