Amadou Camara Guèye
Sélection d'œuvres[modifier | modifier le code]
- Suite du bal, 2004
- Tangana (The little bistro coffee), 2004
- Diakarlo (Face à face), 2005
- Wahambané (L'adolescent), 2005
- Diarr-Diarr n°1 (Passage n°1), 2018
- ASC Pikine, 2018
Notes et références[modifier | modifier le code]
Amadou Camara Gueye approaches the urban vernacular and the rhythms of cities. He describes his task as enlightening ‘all that is dark in life, I tell all the ills of society, I am a storyteller, a poet of the street who lives with his art’. His work offers a commentary on the experiences of poverty, urbanisation and industrialisation and their discontents. Bright colors suggest hope and vitality of human life, countering the darkness of his themes.
Camara Gueye graduated from National School of Fine Arts in Dakar in 1997. His work has been exhibited in over 30 group presentations and 10 solo exhibitions in Senegal, France, Spain and the USA, among others. He has completed residencies in Tripoli, Libya; Geneva, Switzerland; La Rochelle, France; and Apt, France.
In 2013, Camara Gueye was included in the major exhibition From Kawral to Sargal: 15 Years of Printmaking in Senegal at Raw Material Company in Dakar. Gathering 23 artists spanning three generations, the exhibition formed a retrospective of the studio’s printmaking production over a 15-year period at the Gorée Institute Printmaking Studio, which was established in 1998 on Gorée Island, near Dakar.
Voir aussi[modifier | modifier le code]
Bibliographie[modifier | modifier le code]
- Christiane Falgayrettes-Leveau et Sylvain Sankalé, « Amadou Camara Guèye », dans Sénégal contemporain, Musée Dapper, Paris, 2006, p. 66-69 (ISBN 2-915258-17-1) (catalogue d'exposition)
Articles connexes[modifier | modifier le code]
Liens externes[modifier | modifier le code]
- CV d'Amadou Camara Guèye
- « Les imaginaires de Camara Gueye » (fun'Afrik, )
- Amadou Camara Gueye, peintre sénégalais
- Rencontre avec Camara Guèye à Dakar (Singulart Magazine)