Wikipédia:Bistro des non-francophones/nl
- 1 Bistro des non-francophones - Forum voor mensen die geen Frans spreken
- 2 [nl] Nederlands / néerlandais
- 3 New mobile site for tablets
- 4 Idea: Write Wikipedia articles on books used as sources (Please translate this message into French)
- 5 Al. Blachère
- 6 comment faire
- 7 Last call for translation: VisualEditor News #1—2015
New mobile site for tablets[modifier | modifier le code]
Salut! On behalf of the Wikimedia mobile web team, I want to let you know that starting today, people accessing Wikimedia projects on a tablet will be sent to a special tablet-optimizied mobile site. Some new features and functionality include:
- larger fonts and better content formatting for improved readability
- a mobile table of contents for page navigation
- all sections open by default for long-form reading
- improved thumbnail formatting
- article actions (edit, add image, watchlist) and notifications
- other reading and contribution features (login/create account, random article, upload, watchlist) in the left navigation menu
If you opt into the beta site (visit Settings in the left navigation menu and tap to opt into Beta), you'll also see a talk page feature, and starting June 19 20:00 UTC we will offer Visual Editor editing as an option for beta users, in addition to wikitext editing.
These changes are geared toward improving reading and contribution on a larger touch-screen device. If you prefer to use the old desktop version of the site, you can switch back by scrolling to the bottom of any page and tapping the "Desktop" link; this will return you to the desktop view until you opt back into the mobile view.
Would be great if someone could help get this message out to the frwiki community :) And please let us know if you have any questions or feedback. We're available on IRC (wikimedia-mobile) and via email (mobile-lwikimedia.org). Thanks, Maryana (WMF) (discuter) 18 juin 2014 à 02:13 (CEST)
- Thanks for sharing, I translated this message on « Le Bistro » of Today. Greetings, --Floflo (discuter) 18 juin 2014 à 09:21 (CEST)
Idea: Write Wikipedia articles on books used as sources (Please translate this message into French)[modifier | modifier le code]
Dear French Wikipedia community,
Please write Wikipedia articles about books used as sources by Wikipedia articles. Having these articles can help Wikipedians determine the trustworthiness and aspects of the books they use as sources.
- 1. Search a university database like this: http://info.lib.uh.edu - (After entering the book's title, go to the left pane and select "reviews"). If you see at least two book reviews (I believe that the French Wikipedia also asks them to be at least two years apart), there should be notability - You can also get a 14 day trial to Booklist and search for reviews there.
- 2. If you see book reviews, try using Google to see if they are publicly available. If not, use en:WP:RX (the English Wikipedia resource request page) to obtain personal copies.
- 3. Write your article using the book reviews as sources."
- Message translated into French on le bistro. Greetings, --Floflo (discuter) 10 juillet 2014 à 14:38 (CEST)
Al. Blachère[modifier | modifier le code]
Good morning, I would like to ask for some help.
There is an article nominated for deletion on the Hungarian Wikipedia about Al. Blachère, a croquet player of the 1900 Paris Olympic Games. Not much is known about the person digitally, not even his full name, so his notabiliy is strongly questioned. Besides Hungarian, there is only one article existing about him, in Polish. Although there are currently eight on-line sources, but all of them are about the 1900 croquet game, they only mention the player the his results and only available on sports-reference.com. So we are looking for futher information.
First and foremost, my question would be towards those, who are familiar in doing research in libraries or archives in France, if someone could provide us information concerning the whereabouts of French printed sources - or digital sources that Google does not index -, that may contain a brief biography about this person, if available. We are searching for the following data: full name, birth place and date, education info, civil occupation, a brief summary about his sports career, results in other games, time and place of death, maybe name of parents, wife, etc. and a possible photo find would go beyond our expectations.
The best would be if someone could tell exact book-titles and their location, so not just "check Gallica", but for example "check the 1925 French Sports Almanach, published by XY Company, Paris, 1926, 723 pages, which provides short biographies about former croquet players including birth data and photo, a digitalized copy in .pdf is available at www.abcdef.fr/asdfghjkl Menu -> Books -> Search, enter title in the second line, and click on the title among the search results". Or if there are any personal record sheets of the participants of the 1900 Olympic Games available at French National Archives or something?
- Hi Gyrurika :,
- I translated and shared your message on the French « bistro ». You may follow this direct link to read the possible answers (don't hesist to ask for a translation if in French), in case of no one answers here.
- Thanks, --Floflo (discuter) 29 août 2014 à 11:46 (CEST)
comment faire[modifier | modifier le code]
- Bonjour Djimiallanga01 :, tu peux regarder là Aide:Débuter et là Wikipédia:Forum des nouveaux. Bonne continuation Kumʞum quoi ? 25 octobre 2014 à 20:23 (CEST)
Last call for translation: VisualEditor News #1—2015[modifier | modifier le code]
Hi! Apologies if you're reading this message more than once and if it doesn't come in your language. This is an invitation to join translators working on the February's issue of the VisualEditor multilingual newsletter. This time it features an important announcement about a series of meetings where VE tasks on Phabricator will be triaged live and publicly, starting next week. Since we want many people to be aware of this as soon as possible (volunteer developers are especially welcome!), we have a time constraint which means we'll deliver to the wikis on Thursday morning (PST) this week. Thanks a lot in advance, we know you'll do whatever it takes to keep your community up-to-date, and appreciate it a lot. --Elitre (WMF) (discuter) 4 février 2015 à 17:40 (CET)
PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.